The regional Church of Greater Philadelphia is coming together in response to the unprecedented crisis that has disrupted life around the globe. We are establishing a time of strategic, focused prayer to turn around the unthinkable disruption caused by coronavirus (COVID-19) and inviting you to join us as we pray in one accord.
Times like this serve to remind us just how powerless we truly are, in and of ourselves, to control even the smallest things in our lives. However, as believers, we recognize that we have a loving Father who cares for us, a Savior who has made a way for salvation, a Comforter who leads us to rest and that He is the answer to our every need.
As David wrote in Psalm 20, “some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God” (vs. 7). There is no better way to demonstrate our absolute trust and dependency on the Lord than to call upon Him in prayer. As such, we have formed a growing coalition of ministries who are working together to create a daily platform for city-wide prayer. These times of prayer will bring believers from different backgrounds together to seek the Lord for the needs of our communities, churches and city as we walk through this crisis.
The prayer calls will focus on both the natural and spiritual aspects of this crisis, as the Holy Spirit guides, for instance:
- Repentance and humility before the Lord.
- For people to draw closer to the Lord, and salvation for those who don’t know Him.
- That the virus to spread no further, divine protection and breakthrough medical treatment.
- Healing for the sick.
- For the Church to shine in this hour.
- About the ways people are being impacted: financially, emotionally, through fear, and confusion etc.
- For all those who are serving the public, from medical workers to truckers and store clerks, etc.
Calls will start at 11:50am, every Tuesday until further notice.
The call in number will be open five minutes prior to the start of prayer.
It is 515-604-9094. The access code is 866 830 972.